Lời ru trên nương
What is the inspiration for your design?
Here is the inspiration from two lines of the poem “Khúc Hát Ru Những Em Bé Lớn Trên Lưng Mẹ”.
“Mặt trời của bắp thì nằm trên đồi
Mặt trời của mẹ em nằm trên lưng”
When you sleep peacefully on my mother's back, I will firmly step through the fatigue, so that you will grow up and move forward as strong as you used to. That is Nguyen Khoa Diem's comprehensive picture of a big family loving each other.
The image of a large family of 3 generations, living under the same roof is like the image of terraced fields. The large lower step will be a pedestal for the small step above to develop, layers and layers of layers forming a solid green mountain.
Borrowing that image, I built the concept of 'Lullaby on the fields', which has a deep meaning, shows the customer's aesthetics, and is both airy in terms of feeling, and convenient in terms of work power.
How does the design fulfill the need of the target users?
The problems posed: The family of 3generations, living in an apartment, belongs to the middle class and above, and has aesthetics
Situation in Vietnam: The living area is very limited => so the bathroom and WC space are small, placed in a place that lacks natural light and is not ventilated.
- Open space design, with buffer space.
- Bright, cool design.
The story of the topic:
- Older people (60-70 years old) often have trouble walking.
- There are handrails to support movement and a sitting area for bathing (Bathtub)
- Young children (5-10 years old) a 5-year-old girl has an average height of 109.4 cm, for a 5-year-old boy, 110.0 cm.
Solution: There is a standing platform in the sink area
How does the design fulfill the design challenge?
- Usage story: Due to the simultaneous use of space =>The floor is easy to wet and slippery.
Solution: Buffer space, natural walkway (water absorption).
- Feature story: Separation of traffic flow.
Solution: Ensure alignment between Dry, Intermediate, and Wet Zones.
- Experience story: Most small bathroom and WC spaces often remove the Bathtub because it takes up space.
Solution: There is a Bathtub for a more enjoyable experience.
- Usage story: The situation of toilet jams in the early morning and evening time people come to wait.
Solution: Open spaces for independent use
How does the choice of products contribute to the purpose of the design?
- The bathroom will be a paradise to relax everyone, so it is necessary to have a bathtub for the family: For the elderly, having difficulty walking, they can sit and use the shower right in the bathtub, and children will have lots of fun, enjoyment, and stimulation with bathtime and playtime.
- Using bath taps and basin taps, easily adjust the temperature based on family member's preferences, and the ability to turn on or raise the faucets helps children recognize where hot and cold water is located.
- Use BTW Toilet This hides and removes the entire tank and plumbing from view saving space.
With those options, it will be effective in terms of function and space-saving.